Crosstown Camera Club holds membership meetings on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Christ Presbyterian Church, in Edina, MN. The meetings start at 6:15pm and run till about 9:00pm. Meetings generally have three parts, the latter two separated by a short social break. The three parts generally consist of an “educational moment” by a club member, a program and a salon. The exceptions to this are the Holiday Social and the End of Year Awards Banquet.
“Educational Moments” are 15-minute programs put on by club members to quickly share tips and tricks with their fellow members. An Educational Moment can be on any topic related to photography (matting, processing tips, shoot locations, etc).
Programs are informational sessions that last between 30 – 45 minutes They are generally put on by people in the area that have some connection to photography. Programs can be directly related to photography or some technique used to process photos. Although we are not a strictly digital club, the programs and information relating to this club have a tendency to be related to digital photography. This is also a forum for club photographers to show off their talents.
A salon are club photo’s judged by a non-member judge. Judges are brought in from neighboring clubs and photographic industries, and are meant to be impartial to the individual work of the members. Salons are alternating: Color/Monochrome Prints and Digital. Each salon consists of a “topic” category and an “open” category.
- The Topic category is the subject matter designated by the Salon Committee.
- The Open category is any subject matter that does not fit into the topic category.
Each member can submit up to 3 images per salon, dividing them between the topic and open categories or entering them all into the same category.
Activities and Photography Trips:
The club also sponsors group photography trips and activities a few times each year. These can include day photo trips, extended (weekend or longer) photo trips, the December Holiday Social, and the End of Year Banquet.
Once a month the board of directors has a meeting to determine the direction of the club and to address any needs or issues involving the club. This meeting is open to any members of the club. It is held at the Edina Art Center in Edina, MN at 6:30 PM on the first Thursday of each month.
Year End Awards:
The club gives out awards at the End of Year Banquet.
- Art Dickey Image-of-the-Year: This award is given out at the judge’s discretion to the best overall image of the year, in honor of one of the club’s founders.
- Monochrome Print of the Year
- Color Print of the Year
- Digital Image of the Year
- President’s Traveling Award: This is a special award that is given to the member that the president has felt has given the most back to the club.
To become a member:
Fill out the membership form and pay the yearly dues.
Membership form: (Click Here to Download)
- Individual Membership: $30.00/ club year.
- Household Membership: $40.00/club year.
- Partial Year Individual Membership (March 2nd-June 31st): $14.00
- Partial Year Household Membership (March 2nd-June 31st): $20.00