Whether you are just starting out in photography or are an experienced professional, Crosstown Camera Club is a great place to sharpen your skills, share ideas and socialize with others who share a passion for the art of print and digital photography. Our meetings throughout the year provide opportunities to:
- Develop, improve photographic techniques (photo capture and post-processing).
- Learn design, emotional impact, storytelling and other fine-art techniques.
- Socialize with other photographers.
- Participate in monthly digital and print salons critiqued by experienced judges.
- Gain photography-related insights from guest speakers at monthly programs.
- Join members on photography field trips.
For more information, refer to the General Information menu to the right and click on About Our Club.
Crosstown images featured at Edina City Hall
Twelve year-end award-winning images from 2014 and 2015 by Crosstown members are now being featured through October of next year in the Edina City Hall, 4801 W. 50th St, Edina, MN 55424. The photos are available for viewing in the Community Room during regular business hours (but best over the noon hour when the room is less prone to be in use). Enter city hall, walk up the stairs and head straight back to find the Community Room. Special thanks for Crosstown members Cynthia Fleury, Ray Klempka and John Olson for coordinating the framing and hanging of the exhibit, and to Edina Art Center Director Michael Frey for providing image wall tags.
Holiday Club Social set for Dec. 17
Kathy and Tom Hara are graciously opening up their home to club members once again this year for the annual Holiday Club Social on Thursday, Dec. 17 beginning at 6:30 p.m. Their address is 7783 Kingsview Lane N., Maple Grove, MN 55311. Please Email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know if you are attending and will bring your spouse or another guest.
Here is what to bring:
- An hors d’oeuvres or dessert of your choice to share
- Wine if you like. Kathy will provide non-alcoholic beverages and beer.
- One of your own photos that has been printed, matted and gift wrapped to put under the tree for our gift exchange (Bring a photo, get a photo.)
Directions: Go north on 494 or 169, then west on 94 (toward St. Cloud). Take the Weaver Lake Road exit and go left onto Weaver Lake Road. Continue through the light at EAST Fish Lake Road, then turn left at the light on WEST Fish Lake Road (less than a half mile from the exit ramp, with Boston Scientific on the right). Please note: If you turn left on EAST Fish Lake Road, we will never see you again!) Go two blocks and turn left on 79th Place N., then make an immediate right onto Kingsview Lane. Follow Kingsview to the top of the hill. The house is on the right. It’s the green house with three brown garage doors. Here’s the number if you lose your way: 763-420-9562.